Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stringmike Quote
I was thinking of a batch scanner like the Pacific Imaging 5,000 or 3650 for the slides and then using a flatbed (like the V600 or V750) for the rest. It seems folks buy batch scanners for jobs like mine and then resell them.
I wonder if batch scanning would work? At least for me most of my material is so varied in quality that each scan is a one of a kind deal to get it really right. Perhaps batch scanning would work if you have high quality stuff of a consistent quality. I know I don't.

Straight simple scan of an old print from 1946. With some PP it looks better printed out than the original.
The little girl in front of her Dad is my Wife.

Last edited by wildman; 03-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.
01-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
I wonder if batch scanning would work? At least for me most of my material is so varied in quality that each scan is a one of a kind deal to get it really right. Perhaps batch scanning would work if you have high quality stuff of a consistent quality. I know I don't.
I don't know about other software, but with VueScan, and a scanner that could only do one frame at a time, batch scanning let me scan (say) a full roll of film, frame by frame, to an intermediary stage, apply a set of defaults, and then go through and adjust the settings as necessary for each photo before exporting them all to the final format.