Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CS4 jpg File Size prob

When I develop jpgs from raw in CS4, the files are small ? jpg files are only about 3mb ?
I cant see how I can make them bigger. They should be around 12mb. So they are obviously being shrunk sumwhere along the line.
Ive set it to max quality etc but its still producing small files ! Hellllllllp
At the moment, to get decent jpgs Im converting to tiff and the converting the tiff to jpg in Nikon Capture NX2, which then gives me the correct
12-13mb files. Im sure I should be able to get normal size jpg files in CS4 though.
Any Ideas ?

01-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

When you click "Save As", move the slider all the way to the right?
01-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
When you click "Save As", move the slider all the way to the right?
I dont get that option ! I have a drop down box
which I select to 10 maximum. I noticed there are two jpg options too JPG and jpg... Both seem exactly the same though !
01-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
is your Camera Raw up to date ? because you should have a version 6.6 or around that. To see if it's up to date, in CS4, go into help / about ... / camera raw.

01-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ive just found a way of doing it ! I have been converting to jpg from Raw conversion.
It seems I can then open the image in normal PS mode. I then converted to JPG from there and I got full size JPG at last. While this works fine when I have just a few images to work on, I dread when Ive got 500 or so to do after a wedding or model shoot !
EEEEEEEK ! The next thing is...... can I batch process from there ?
Or is it poss in Bridge even ?
01-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
is your Camera Raw up to date ? because you should have a version 6.6 or around that. To see if it's up to date, in CS4, go into help / about ... / camera raw.
Yes ! I had a full update the other day
01-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Ive just found a way of doing it ! I have been converting to jpg from Raw conversion.
It seems I can then open the image in normal PS mode. I then converted to JPG from there and I got full size JPG at last. While this works fine when I have just a few images to work on, I dread when Ive got 500 or so to do after a wedding or model shoot !
EEEEEEEK ! The next thing is...... can I batch process from there ?
Or is it poss in Bridge even ?
In Photoshop:
File/Scripts/Image Processor.
Knock around in there a bit and see what it can do for you. It's a function I use frequently. Drop me a PM in it gives you any grief.

01-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
In Photoshop:
File/Scripts/Image Processor.
Knock around in there a bit and see what it can do for you. It's a function I use frequently. Drop me a PM in it gives you any grief.
Thank you very much !
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Thank you very much !
if you always do the same things in Photoshop you can record that and save it in the action menu, you can then use those actions in the image processing.
There are option to let the action pause automatically at steps in the action so if you want to fine tune a filter you can do that.

But if you do basic things to your photos you should try lightroom, its made to easy and fast process your photos.
you can even burn those raw photos to a CD or DVD in lightroom and it converts them to jpg as well if you want.