Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #1

Mac to Windows compatibility issues..

So I use a Mac and the last couple of times I've made cds of photos for folks that use Windows They've told me the cds are blank. I'm aware (now) that this is an issue sometimes. My question is, how do I fix it? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Marcus

01-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've never had a problem personally. If you get a choice make sure ISO 9660 (CDFS) is the file system and it should be readable by all.
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
So I use a Mac and the last couple of times I've made cds of photos for folks that use Windows They've told me the cds are blank. I'm aware (now) that this is an issue sometimes. My question is, how do I fix it? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Marcus
Are you burning these discs from the Finder or from iPhoto?

You may need to use third party burning software.

Toast Titanium is the gold standard, but it costs $$$

Burn will get the job done and it is free.

Burn - Home

Just make sure it is set to PC (Joliet) or Mac + PC and it should work on a Window$ machine.
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having made music CD's for years, about 15 a year for 10 years, first off, everyone has to be tested to be sure it's works. I always wrote my CDs with toast software, MAC cd writers write at snail's pace compared to how they perform withToast, and Toast allows you select MC/PC format. The last version of Toast I bought was 7... and is still runs fine. The failure rate as as whole was probably about 10% , I found a huge variation in the success rates of various writers. Everynow and then I'd have one that was completely useless and wrote failures as high as 30%. So as I said, I learned to play each CD all the way through, before putting it in a case.