Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
As with previous LR versions, certain performance issues only seem to hit some users. Despite their hardware being very powerful and not having issues with other software, LR is causing trouble on it.

Here's only one of the respective low performance threads.
I believe you, it's just darned odd. I expect beta versions to be buggy, this one wasn't for me.

03-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
As with previous LR versions, certain performance issues only seem to hit some users. Despite their hardware being very powerful and not having issues with other software, LR is causing trouble on it.

Here's only one of the respective low performance threads.
One of the machines I'm running LR4 on is a small laptop with a 1.3 GHz dual-core low voltage Core i3, with 8 gigs RAM. No performance issues there, it runs about the same as other "demanding" software, which is fast enough for use when I am mobile. My home workstation is much more powerful, but it doesn't need to run on batteries

So far, no performance issues for me on either machine.
03-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LR3 used to work quick and smooth on my laptop with 8GB RAM. LR4 is sluggish as hell, I can't use 2nd monitor or every mouse gesture will shoot CPU to almost 100%. Exporting many pictures at once (40+) causes LR to hang.

Another issue I'm having is that the Auto-Tone function makes a lot of my pictures way too bright, when they looked just fine with Auto-Tone in LR3....
03-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spag Quote
Another issue I'm having is that the Auto-Tone function makes a lot of my pictures way too bright, when they looked just fine with Auto-Tone in LR3....
I've noticed this too. Even within LR4, if your image still uses the 2010 process it works well, if you switch to the 2012 process the auto-tone will move the histogram to the right and blow the highlights.