Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Elements 10=My pictures

The only way I have been able to edit pictures in Elements 10 is to find the picture in my pictures and send to elements to edit.Is there a way to set up elements so all my photos can be accessed from elements?
Jake

03-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have 7 not 10 so this may be different, but there is a tab at the top right, one is for edit, one for create, and the other for "library" or "organize" or something (sorry I'm not at that computer today). If you go into the organize tab you can add all of your pictures to Elements. This is rather simplistic and on my machine (with version 7) it was painfully slow. I tried it once and never went back.

I now use Lightroom 3 as my main program for organizing, keywording and printing. I export to Elements to do any editing needed that Lightroom cannot handle.

Hope that helps, if not I'm sure someone else will give you better info.
03-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
File > Open > Navigate to image.

or

If the image is already in the Organizer, you can open it for editing there (I think you right click the thumbnail).
03-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So far I have failed to get them imported to Elements.Had a trial version of Elements 10 on my recently retired xp computer that all pictures were on Elements without me doing anything.
Thanks,
Jake