Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photoshop help

I'm new to digital, did alot of 35 flm in the past so I'm familiar with f-stops etc. but this new jargon as it relates to digital is really confusing. This is really a problem when it comes to Photoshop. Can someone recommend a book that is for digital Newbies. Like what the h_ll is a raster! I have on order digital photog by kelby, 7points by kelby, and the K10D book I found at the Pentax web site but bought for less than half the price on Amazon. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Most of the books I found including the Pentax Manuals that came with my K10D tell you what a feature is but not how to use it or when.

Thanks

01-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I also have Kelby's photoshop book. I really like his style, he has a book for each version of photoshop, so you should be able to find one specific for your version. That book has helped me a lot to get a handle on the basics of PS.
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Take at look at some of Ron Bigelow's Articles. Articles range from basic to technical. Ron also participates on several forums, so I'm sure he would respond to emails as well.

First things I would try to learn are levels, curves, and sharpening.

Tim
01-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Take at look at some of Ron Bigelow's Articles. Articles range from basic to technical. Ron also participates on several forums, so I'm sure he would respond to emails as well.

First things I would try to learn are levels, curves, and sharpening.

Tim
I second that, I have read through quite a few of his articles and they are well done.

01-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Real World Digital Photography by Katrin Eismann is probably one of the best books i've seen when it comes to photoshop

also you may want to check out Digital Photography they have amazing videos about photoshop and photography ..... there is an easy way to get them *clears throat* free *looks around ... clears throat again* but i won't promate anything like that on here .... or buy them they really are good videos, even me who thought he knew a bunch on photoshop is learning from them