Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LR 3.6 File appears to be unsupported or damaged error

One of my photos from my last import is showing an error, "File appears to be unsupported or damaged". It had an edit applied to it, I think it was a copy and paste from another photo.
I tried copying the photo with the error from my external drive onto my Desktop then deleting the original from within LR and re-importing it. It still came up with the same error. The same copied file that's on my Desktop can be opened with PSE 6 with no errors. The same error shows up from the previous backup catalog also. It's a PEF file that is converted to DNG during the initial import into lightroom. I also tried opening the catalog from my backup drive but the same image showed an "Error writing metadata" instead of the unsupported error.
Anyone had this error before that fixed it somehow?

Another question regarding LR 3.6. There are a couple of Temporary folders that in my external HDD. They are located in External HD/Photos/March 2012/Temporary Folder 727061F7-13D6-4FA3-B75D-4C0A33347B55. There's a couple of them and they each have 1 PEF files in them and I've never seen them before. What are they exactly?

TIA

03-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A relaunch of LR came up with no errors showing with the photo. I hope it was just a glitch. I did optimize the catalog before shutting down LR though but, I don't know if that fixed the issue.