Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

PDCU on Mac Lion

I've just got K-5 and trying to install PDCU on Mac Lion but It doen't work when I click install button.
Anyone knows what is wrong?

04-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The link in the Pentax installer program is broken in Lion. Control-click on the installer app and select Show Package Contents.

Then find the installer package and double click it. The Mac OS installer will launch and you can install normally.

You will probably want to find a better SW package (I recommend Aperture 3), or just use iPhoto. The current version of PDCU is extremely slow on a Mac.
04-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Inactive Account

lightroom is best because it doesn't fubar your filing systems like aperture and iPhoto do

imo that is of course
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have found PDCU doesn't run "as well" on mac Snow Leopard as it does on either XP or Win 7. The windows version is a lot faster and doesn't crash. My new mac pro gets put to shame by my 8 year old XP machine when using PDCU. Which is a pain, as the mac has my professional monitor.

04-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
lightroom is best because it doesn't fubar your filing systems like aperture and iPhoto do

imo that is of course
It doesn't. You need to get your facts straight.

Aperture 3 gives you a choice as to whether you want to use the Aperture Library filing system or use an alternative source - I keep all my files on a separate off-computer HD which A3 accesses directly. Any changes made are non-destructive and don't affect the integrity of the original files.