Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Epson 1400 Error with Lightroom on MAC OS Lion

I have had a problem with Lightroom 3 & 4 printing photos from the print module. Until last fall, the print module in Lightroom 3 worked well until I tried to print a contact sheet, which failed to communicate with my Epson Stylus Photo 1400. That is when I pressed the print button at the bottom right it activated my printer but the printer reported an unspecified error in receiving the file. I tried restarting the printer and/or Lightroom but it simply would not print. I checked to make sure that my Apple Mac Air OS Lion had the latest update and did the same for my printer and Lightroom.

To ensure that it was only a problem in Lightroom and not a printer problem, I opened Adobe Elements and the Preview app, picked the photo I had been trying to print and it worked fine.

My problem is only between Lightroom and the epson printer. All other programs work with the printer. The frustrating factor is that I must have printed hundreds of photos using the print module but until it stopped working.

I contacted both Adobe and Epson and both told me it's not their fault and I can find no reference to the same problem when I Google. The only suggestions seem to be remove the printer and all connected files on my mac, reinstall the printer and let it find the necessary files on line. I have done this several times.

To summarize what I have done

1) Prepared a photo on Lightroom to print following Julieanne Kost's detailed instructions.

2) Press Print one, the printer communication is activated but seems overly swift in handling the information, and then says it is an error, but doesn't say what kind of an error.

3) I can save the exact same photo using print to file, and I can open that file and print it with Preview, which has no difficulty communicating with my Epson.

The problem must lie with the communication link between Lightroom and my Epson printer because other programs have no problem using that printer and Lightroom works fine.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you fix it? I would appreciate any ideas for me to try.

Thanks,

Bonaprof