Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Canvas print not exact to image on screen

So recently I made an order on Artscow, and the canvas came out a little different than I was expecting. My image is quite green and the coat is a bright red, but the canvas came out quite muted and dark. Is this my fault or Artscow? I've bought a canvas from Costco and it came out quite close to what I see on the screen, so I can only assume this is Artcow's issue. Maybe my calibration is off, but I've viewed my images on multiple computers and comparing to images I've printed, it's pretty close.

The image in the upper left is the preview that Artscow gives you to see how your canvas will look. The big one is the canvas on my wall.

04-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm, the darks are often very different on a monitor and then on a print (because monitors are backlit). It is possible that a print employee decided that you wanted to go for bw and "fixed" it for you. It is also possible that they just do this automatically (I know some print stores do). I have no experience with that particular print store or with printing on canvas, but you might try giving them a call and ask whether they adjusted your photo and if they could reprint it from the original, as you find this one has a "mistake."
04-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If the greens are less green [darks in preview look more cyan than green, actually] and the reds are less red, it's not a color balance issue. Either the overall color saturation level is way down or...I don't know.