Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Lightroom can't see Nik plug ins.

So I'm happily running LR 3.6 with the latest updates and have downloaded a trial of Nik Silver efex pro and all is good. Then I decide to get the full Nik Collection but where as Silver efex was recognised by LR straight away without my input as an external editor, this package isn't.

I've removed Silver efex so my flow to find the new software is select picture/photo/edit in/edit in other application/preferences then 'choose'. I navigate to the Nik bundle and all I get is a choose option that does nothing. (And shouldn't it be 'open' on a pc ?)

I'm running vista 32 bit which shouldn't be a problem. So I can see all the nik programmes on my c drive but lightroom doesn't and nor can I add them. Any ideas ?
regards, Rob.

04-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I've had problems with Nik Plugins and Photoshop as well. Sometimes it was recognized, sometimes not. Tried de- and reinstalling a few times and happily - in the end it works... But I can't tell why. When I googled it, it appears, that I wasn't the only one
04-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah there does seem to be a few instances of this. What's really odd I can remove and add the original trial throught the usual lightroom preferences route as I can 'choose' the apllication from the list of nik files in the c drive. BUT when I follow the same path for the complete package there are no applications other than to unistall. I'm suspecting therefore that the install didn't work properly.........
04-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian

NIK Viveza 2 works for me after installing LR 4.1 RC2.

05-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
It was an install problem in the end, not sure what was causing (64bit/32 bit conflict maybe) it but there is no way the source I was using for Nik was going to sit properly on my pc. So stupid stupid me went to the bad place for a copy and key and got a bunch of trojans. I know ! I deserve everything I get ! All sorted now and I won't be making that mistake again, I'll stick with just Lr until I got some spends....
05-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Tehre's a registry tweak to fix the problem on the adobe photoshop family forum. But as said I think it's fixed in LR4.1RC2 now