Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Sagelight 4.2

Anyone using this? Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and really like it. Has bugs, but it's in constant development/improvement. For only $39.99 you get free lifetime upgrades included. And no, I don't have any connection with the company and was not asked to bring it up. Just thought it was a super good deal for a very good product. You can trial it for free.

05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I e been using it for a few months now (4.0). I am pleased with the results so far, and they seem to be steadily improving it.
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very informative especially the samples with before and after shots.

Lightbox Plus Image Editor Examples
05-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Anyone using this? Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and really like it. Has bugs, but it's in constant development/improvement. For only $39.99 you get free lifetime upgrades included. And no, I don't have any connection with the company and was not asked to bring it up. Just thought it was a super good deal for a very good product. You can trial it for free.
Have am look at my FlickR photos, I have been using Sagelight for several years for RAW development and editing. It is pretty good although I haven't found it very good at Noise reduction, but for tough shots that need fancy NR I use Raw Therapee or Helicon Filter.
Wire Worm is an excellent plug-in for removing stray objects
Flickr: Arle Images' Photostream

05-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #5

I've been using version 3 for a few years. I really like it's contrast controls. I think it does a fair job at raw conversion. I'm evaluating version 4 now.
05-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Same as above, been using sage for some time now, an alternitive to photoshop, however I use both, sage will use most of ur plugins, like topaz ect, however it will have a fit with nik software. I purchased the pro ver with lifetime updates about 3 year ago, takes a long time between updates however its worth it, although the learning curve is steep.
Cheers
Shane
05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Den
Veteran Member

Original Poster
4.3 is now officially released and is worth at least 3x what it costs.

05-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been trying Sagelight recently, but have found a bug in that when I open a RAW file and save it as a tif file, the EXIF data is missing from the tif. I've sent several messages to Rob and have gotten no replies. I would like to purchase it, but if Rob is unresponsive, I'm not sure I want to get involved with an poorly-supported product.

I'm interested in anyone's comments about the EXIF problem, and if you've gotten replies to your questions & comments.

-Joe-
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
I've been trying Sagelight recently, but have found a bug in that when I open a RAW file and save it as a tif file, the EXIF data is missing from the tif. I've sent several messages to Rob and have gotten no replies. I would like to purchase it, but if Rob is unresponsive, I'm not sure I want to get involved with an poorly-supported product.

I'm interested in anyone's comments about the EXIF problem, and if you've gotten replies to your questions & comments.

-Joe-
Not all the EXIF, just the camera details for my K5 in my version! K20D is fine, all exif intact. Have mailed Rob, no answer on this, although otherwise he is very good at getting back. The rest of the package is so good, I can forgive this. 4.3 promises improved RAW support. I paid £25 for a lifetime version, excellent value, Wireworm is worth that on its own. Just downloaded a trial of Topaz DeNoise, this works with Sagelight very nicely
05-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I've been using Sagelight for over a year and really like it. Can't answer to the EXIF issue, but do know that Rob has been really busy lately. It isn't a poorly supported product, just a product supported by one man. Have you posted this issue in the Sagelight Image Editor Discussion Board ? Somebody there might be able to help you out.
05-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote

-Joe-
Same issue here. However, I dont mind this is really neat software.
Shane
05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought it!

I did some more testing with Sagelight, installed the version 4.3 update, and concluded it is a very good deal. Considering the comments in this discussion, and after reading through the Sagelight discussion group at that site, I was convinced that it is worth purchasing now for the lifetime pro license. I feel confident that the EXIF problem will be fixed (still not fixed in the 4.3 update though).

Thanks for the comments. Nice tool!

-Joe-
06-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #13
Den
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glad to see you went ahead and purchased it k0og. You really can have input, you just need to keep up to date with the progress through the forum.
I'm sure eventually the EXIF thing will get fixed. I noticed it to. It shows the camera model as "A" instead of K5. Not a major issue for me, but it would be nice to eventually get it corrected. I have found him to be very responsive on issues that are in the areas he is working on. In fact, he fixed some things that were quite unique to just a few of us. I am very impressed that just one individual is able to do all he does! I never got quick fixes from any big company, so I am very impressed at his responses.
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Glad to see you went ahead and purchased it k0og. You really can have input, you just need to keep up to date with the progress through the forum.
I'm sure eventually the EXIF thing will get fixed. I noticed it to. It shows the camera model as "A" instead of K5. Not a major issue for me, but it would be nice to eventually get it corrected. I have found him to be very responsive on issues that are in the areas he is working on. In fact, he fixed some things that were quite unique to just a few of us. I am very impressed that just one individual is able to do all he does! I never got quick fixes from any big company, so I am very impressed at his responses.
The K5 showing as an A is not a big deal. I am about to upgrade to 4.3