Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Yellowish tint in windows and lightroom?!

I get a yellowish tint in lightroom 4.1 and windows photo viewer when looking at a B&W image. Just reinstalled the computer and got new lightroom and I've thought the WB was wrong on all shots.

The tumbnails in folders are colored correctly, and the B&W picture is colored correctly when uploaded on facebook. It's also correctly colored when I open it in preview on my mac. So it has to be some setting that is wrong in lightroom and/or windows (7 x64 pro).

Thankful if someone could point out what's wrong.

05-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
what the... It seems the problem have gone away by it self. This is wierd. Haven't rebooted or anything.

Feels reassuring that color tint can come and go in lightroom and windows photo viewer.
05-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe monitor calibration? If your monitor is color calibrated possibly the calibration file did not load correctly the first time?
05-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Saw the correctly colored thumbnail next to the faulty tinted picture opened in windows photo viewer at the same time, so it was probably not the screen calibration. Just have to hope it doesn't happen again.

Faulty tinted pictures:
Lightroom 4.1
Windows photo viewer

Correct colors:
Google chrome
Thumbnails in windows folder

Very strange. Atleast it works fine now! :-)