Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone using Adobe Creative Cloud?

I am considering Adobe Creative Cloud at $29/month. It includes access to CS6. Is anyone on here using this? I don't have CS6 yet and am considering this route.

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayProduct&c...&store=OLS-EDU

05-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I am considering Adobe Creative Cloud at $29/month. It includes access to CS6. Is anyone on here using this? I don't have CS6 yet and am considering this route.

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayProduct&c...&store=OLS-EDU
So, this is a (Adobe Creative Cloud) Student and Teacher Edition.
Do you really have access to CS6 or just the "tools" of CS6 ?

Interesting.

JP
05-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
So, this is a (Adobe Creative Cloud) Student and Teacher Edition.
Do you really have access to CS6 or just the "tools" of CS6 ?

Interesting.

JP
You have access to CS6 but once the year is up, you either renew, or you have nothing. I am still using CS3 since it came out. I was wondering if anyone had used this setup.

Here is some more on it.

Adobe Is Now Shipping CS 6, Creative Cloud Will Arrive May 11th
08-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had been mulling getting the full version of PS6 for a while and while it is complete overkill for me personally as an editing tool I'll gradually grow into it over the next 12 months or so. The monthly subscription route to me is a nice way in while keeping legal. I went for the PS6 only subscription which is not that easy to find , but to my amazement when I logged into the Adobe Application Manager I had a choice of 13 separate apps to play with.
Value wise? works out at €22 a month for me, or €250 a year. A full copy is €860 so it wins on the value front. They also chuck in 10GBs of cloud storage and synching across two computers.
Now I just have to figure out how to use it

Overall I think this is a clever strategy by Adobe, PS must be one of the most pirated programs on the internet purely because of its upfront cost and quality. Remove the upfront cost, spread it out over 12 months while keeping people up to date, add in some extras and it may actually just claw back some pirate users by fair pricing alone and allow Adobe tap into a revenue stream that had been completely lost to them.