Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You Know Photoshop CS6 Is A Little Buggy....

Yeah the people at Adobe are aware and working on a few kinks, but this version does seem to have it's issues. There's been a lot of problems with certain tools crashing the whole program because they're not playing nice even with the video cards that are supposedly approved by Adobe. Ever since I installed Photoshop CS6 my machine has just been laboring OT. It's just sucking up RAM at a phenomenal rate compared to CS5. I get this message that I don't have enough RAM to do the smallest things now and FYI, I can do those same things in CS5, no problem so I know it's not that I don't have enough RAM or a big enough scratch file area. The big thing got me was Bridge. The other day it just plain stopped working in CS6 and no one on the Adobe site or that I know seems to understand why and no, I'm not the only one it's been happening to.

There's several posts on the Adobe Forums about it and they're working on a patch but that's a big thing Bridge just up and quitting like that. I can still use Camera Raw by opening a file in Photoshop but I'm having to use Bridge CS5 again to view and organize my files. At this point I go to CS6 only when I want to do something I can't do in CS5. I'm sure glad I didn't delete it when I upgraded. I'd be really grouchy about now if I had. As much as I love my Photoshop? I think they released this one a wee bit too early. This thing is still acting more like a buggy beta than the real deal...

06-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #2

i am still pending to have a single problem with cs6 in past 2 months
06-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Last time got major problems with CS5 because i unstalled CS4 so i unstalled CS5 first when i installed CS6.
I've used the beta without any problems, didn't had the change to really test final yet.
06-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

I haven't a single issue with CS6 so far. At least I am not having the problems described in this thread so far.

06-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Judging from the posts on the Adobe forums a lot of people are having these issues. First thing I did was update the video card and I have more than enough RAM, a separate scratch drive et all. I have CS5 and I'm not having a lick of trouble running that, haven't in all the time I've had it. CS6 is a whole other beast. What works I really like. But this darned Bridge thing is driving me nuts. Also I can't use a couple of the new filters and a couple of tools sans crashing. I go to paint with a larger brush, I get memory error messages and FYI I can use that same brush, do any of this actually, in CS5 all the way to the largest setting no problem. I have a friend at Adobe. He says they're aware of the problem and there is a fix coming. I do hope it's soon. I want to get CS5 off the hard drive but I can't delete it until I know for sure that CS6 can replace it with no problems.
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
I have had issues with programs that use the GPL to offload the work. In most programs you can turn on/off the GPL Feature, but I cannot see any way to disable it in CS6. When testing CS6, I have Also have my computer crash with a warning that the video driver for video memory was corrupted. The new version is much faster than the previous version, but if the program causes instability. I will have to stay with version 5.
06-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In my Dell I've got a pretty standard Intel graphics card and no PCI slot for another one unfortunately. There's a mini PC slot too I think, and that's open, but I'm not certain if I can get a more compatible graphics card to fit that. Most of the cards Adobe is suggesting look pretty high end to me besides. There are certain things I apparently can't do with CS6, like use the oil paint filter or 3D. No big loss there for me because I don't use them anyhow. The big problem for me has been Bridge refusing to open anything without crashing. I use Bridge and Camera Raw a lot so that's just a major pain in the arse not having that in CS6. I did upgrade the video driver as directed but it's not really helped at all. I just may not be able to run CS6 on this computer unfortunately. Figures. I get a free upgrade and I can't use it, laugh.

06-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/1895...toediting.html