Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Help! How to extract color in lightroom 4?

Hi all,

Newbie needs help. Our Pentax K5 has color extraction function. What about Lightroom 4? How do I select B/W for the whole picture but retain a small area that shows the actual colors?

Thanks!

06-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure in LR4, but in Camera Raw, on the third tab, it has settings for Hue Shift, Saturation, and Luminance. Using the Saturation sliders, you can desaturate the colors that you want to be black and white, and then adjust the other color using the luminance on that color to make it fit in right.

In Photoshop, there's a image/layer filter called "Selective Color" which runs a similar process, except that it can be slightly more picky if you want.

Hope that helps!
06-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks! I found a way which is to de-saturate and then erase. Aperture is easier from my memory....

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
color, lightroom, photography, photoshop