Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone have an older copy of Photoshop CS?

I bought a copy of CS3 Extended a few months ago and recently an upgrade to CS5. Well the upgrade won't install because the CS3 serial number is pirated. It seems to be a sophisticated Chinese piracy scheme as the software came sealed in box and looked just like a valid copy. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has an old copy that isn't tied down to an upgrade that they'd be willing to sell me. I'm open to any other ideas people have that might help. Adobe customer support had no desire to help me out. Basically, they told me to buy a full version online.

07-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by L33tGreg Quote
I bought a copy of CS3 Extended a few months ago and recently an upgrade to CS5. Well the upgrade won't install because the CS3 serial number is pirated. It seems to be a sophisticated Chinese piracy scheme as the software came sealed in box and looked just like a valid copy. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has an old copy that isn't tied down to an upgrade that they'd be willing to sell me. I'm open to any other ideas people have that might help. Adobe customer support had no desire to help me out. Basically, they told me to buy a full version online.
It could be that you have an academic version of CS3... I have CS5 extended I'd be willing to sell you since I upgraded to CS6. I'll send you a PM.
07-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
It could be that you have an academic version of CS3... I have CS5 extended I'd be willing to sell you since I upgraded to CS6. I'll send you a PM.
If you upgraded from CS5, he may not be able use yours to upgrade, especially if it was registered. I believe Adobe tracks the serial number from the old copy and if it has already been used in an upgrade, it won't let you upgrade another computer. I could be wrong however because Adobe has been known to do some strange things at times.
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
If you upgraded from CS5, he may not be able use yours to upgrade, especially if it was registered. I believe Adobe tracks the serial number from the old copy and if it has already been used in an upgrade, it won't let you upgrade another computer. I could be wrong however because Adobe has been known to do some strange things at times.
Adobe allows you to register and activate a single license (upgrade or whatever) on two different computers simultaneously before they ask you to call them to verify or de-activate an earlier license. It's a common "workstation on the desk, laptop for travel" licensing extension that many larger software companies follow.