Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

Unable to use recovered Photos imported into Lightroom!

I some how deleted all my photos from my SD Card, before importing them all in to lightrooms.
I have used two different Recovery programs, and have have been able to recovery all photos i have not imported into Lightroom. In importing the recovered photos they initially import fine but in the final rendering stage of the import all of them they turn into white images with pink lines and streaks through them.

Is there a reomended program which recovers the photos and prroduct images that still work fine in Lightroom?

OS: Windows Vista, Lightroom version: Lightroom 3.6 Camera Raw 6.6, Camera: Pantax K7, File Type: RAW, SD Card: Lexar Professional 8GB 133x Speed Class 10, Recovery Softwear: Wondershare Photo Recovery 3.0.3 and ScanDisk RescuePro File Recovery Utility 3.5.0.10.

07-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have used Recuva with good success. Seems odd you can recover the files but they are damaged. Can you view them in any other program to see if they can be opened? What type of RAW? PEF or DNG? Try the Pentax software to see if you can import there. Or try Irfanview or Faststone viewers to see if they can read them. Both of those read DNG, not sure about PEF.
08-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hello there, Jateax & Clindyexperts thanks for the info erm I have tried Recuva but they still come into Lightroom the same (white and pink streaks) I've also tried the Pentax Softwear and get the same results. the file to recover are PEF files and when they enter Lightroom I convert them to DNG.
So still not getting anywhere atm! but will look in to the link you posted Clindyexperts and will look into Irfanview or Faststone viewers over the weekend!
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
Finally been able to recover the photos!

Have been able to recover the photos but still having issues with them in Lightrooms 3.
From what I can see the images that have been recovered are Thumbnails so I now need to get them to full size images! Any ideas ??

08-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've had the same problem. If you open the image with another program or your system software then save it, Lightroom will then recognize the image.