Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
Well that brings to mind a question I've always had. Does making the image a jpg or tiff make a lot of difference? Have you ever compared prints? Or is it something you do "just in case"?

I've also done prints from jpg's but have always wondered if I should be printing from tiff.
Wonderful question! I don't know - but, I choose TIFF since it retained everything and if there was a quality edge, it would probably fall on the TIFF side. That said, I went looking for the answer (or at least a set of answers)...Which brings up yet another question - Color Space...DPI - I just left at 300, thinking that is more than enough. I really don't know what the best answer is. When I was uploading the TIFF file to Costco, it did take a while, but since the poster was not going to be ready until 2pm the next day, it really did not matter.

At work I already have one request. Would I consider donating a 20" x 30" print to the local ballet company's silent auction in February? (answer - Absolutely!!)

QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
btw, Costco re-calibrates their printer profiles every 6 months, so you'll need to download the new one when they do.

I've had to re-edit all my files for the different costco's. I suspect it's not right since the ICC profile is suppose to correct this.
When I was getting ready to upload the file, I saw that option and decided to not complicate matters for this test run. I don't know what the results would have been, especially since I do not have a calibrated monitor.