Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mounting Photo's

I went and bought a Compact Mat Cutter (32") and Photo Backer Board The Foam Lined type (Acid Free) and was wondering what I need to stick the Photo to the Backerboard?
someone said
Linco Gummed Linen Hinging Tape and another said Adhesive Transfer Tape.

So I'm asking you guys.

Thanks
Jack

08-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Double sided tape will work. But I entered some images in a contest that had to be mounted. They strongly recommended spray adhesive.
QuoteQuote:
"DO NOT USE CONSTRUCTION PAPER, GLUE STICK OR DOUBLE-SIDED TAPE. Photos fall off their mount if improperly glued. 3M Photo Mount Spray Adhesive or equivalent is suggested."
08-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

I use spray adhesive from the art shop. One coat, (not too thick or heavy on the board) wait a moment until it becomes tacky, roughly lay up the picture at one edge and with the special rubber roller roll it on while pressing down. Always cut the backing board bigger then the picture and then trim.

Greetings
08-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't done a lot of mounting, but I bought a package of Lineco Gummed Japanese Hinging Paper. Pretty easy to use. Expensive for a roll of gummed paper, though.