Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
paintshop pro x5

Hello everybody ,May be samebody ready try PSP x5.Can you please share your opinion

09-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has my attention. Not yet received an offer from Corel, but have used PSP since JASC version 8

I just hope they stop screwing around with the image database, every time I upgrade I have to rebuild the thumbnail database for the 100,000 images I have on my computer. It is a monumental waste of time.
11-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just installed it and can comment on a couple of features. First, they finally allow to import the past library, so you don't have to re-index everything, second, it can now index an entire directory, not just what shows in the active window, and lastly it has a link to mapquest to show location if the GPS data is there, otherwise it seems pretty much the same as PSP x4
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Installed the trial of X5. Couldn't see enough difference between it and X4 which I own. Will sit this one out.

I wish Corel would complete the changeover to 16-bit. I'm using a SmartShapen script that uses Find All Edges and I have to drop my 16-bit TIFFs to 8-bit at that stage of the script.

PSP SmartSharpen

Scripts (password is Password - case sensitive):
ShartSharpen Scripts

There is a compete script, or alternatively, two separate part-process scripts so you can stop and white brush out out any bits you don't want to end up sharpened.

I think the final USM in the script should be changed to Radius 1-3, Strength 300%-500%. You can apply a lot of USM in this script without haloing.

Dan.

11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How is it compared to X2, which is what I'm using now? Other than the slowness in the browser I like X2 well enough. I just wish it showed lens information for Pentax lenses in the EXIF data window, and would allow me to select what fields to see in the info window -- there's too much chaff in there. A vignette filter would be nice too. Other than that though, I've not had any complaints.

Charles.