Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help with images being uploaded!!!

Here is my problem....I shoot events every weekend with my K-5 and I shoot in DNG format, sRGB color space and obviously RAW format. I then edit my images in LR 4.1, resize the to 800x600px, 240 dpi and make sure under file settings it is set to sRGB. If I open the edited jpeg's in CS5 the EXIF data is correct as is the color space. Whoever is uploading my images to the website is causing them to look like this (you can view all of them by clicking the left and right arrows):Georgtown Rocks the Equinox 9/22 Georgetown. The first few look okay but then they just look horrible. It's really bothering me because I have posted the same images below as an example and they look fine. Can someone help me to figure out what they are doing to the images. Once I e-mail them it's out of my control but it's almost embarrassing, especially for a Pentax user!By the way, it's not a spam website, it's the magazines website where the images get posted so it's all safe for work material. Just images of people having a good time. Please help me to figure out if possible what is going on.

Last edited by treebeard; 05-09-2013 at 04:25 PM.
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It seems like they're running some sore of "image enhancement" on the photos which is screwing them up. There's no way to find out exactly what is being done (without asking them), but my guess would be that they use some sort of web-based image library.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay, thanks. I am thinking along the same lines. Those online images are pretty bad huh?
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by treebeard Quote
Those online images are pretty bad huh?
Yeah, pretty bad. In fact, probably the worst I've seen. SOME kind of processing appears to be going on, and it ain't pretty! Sorry that I can't offer any good advice.

09-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like they've reduced them to an un-optimised 64 colours only or something. Whatever they've done, it can certainly be done better.
09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Closed Account

Try sending a much lower resolution, like 200 or 300 on the long axis. They're crunching these things.
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I would make a point of not providing them with further images--they're making *you* look bad.

09-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I am going to have to talk to them Monday and get this resolved as it is making me look bad.