Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Problem exporting with lightroom...Help!!!!

I've noticed some of my raw files that I export from lightroom are very small after exporting. I can export 2 ,9 meg raw files as a high quality jpg and when I open them one will be 4 megs and one will be 1.6 megs. Both files have the same pixel count and same size on ram but the disc size is one 4 megs one 1.7 megs which seems pretty small to me Bob

02-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robert Quote
I've noticed some of my raw files that I export from lightroom are very small after exporting. I can export 2 ,9 meg raw files as a high quality jpg and when I open them one will be 4 megs and one will be 1.6 megs. Both files have the same pixel count and same size on ram but the disc size is one 4 megs one 1.7 megs which seems pretty small to me Bob
The JPG compression quality setting sets a parameter in the compression algorithm, not the terminal file size. If the image has little detail or is smooth (like a single-coloured surface) it will compress well and give a small file. Noise in particular does not compress well.

EDIT:
Just looked up your profile. You have one beautiful daughter, man