Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have all my adobe creative suite and windows 7 on a regular 120G solid state drive.

Also have a 60G solid state drive for windows 7 64 bit virtual memory and another SS hard drive for photoshop's scratch d
rive.
Have a regular 1 tara byte for all of my other files that are non windows
Photoshop boots in around 3-5 seconds and runs fast.
My processor is only core 2 dual from 4 years back. Also have an Asus nvidia gt 550 video card, and of course you need a better power supply. On Board is 8gigs of memory
Upgrading the individual parts is expensive, but you buy as you can afford it, and get what you want.
Since I
have everything else, next update will be a new motherboard and Intel i5(or i7 if they are affordable when I do it)
I am going to make sure the motherboard can fit at least. 16 gig of memory but am shooting for 32 gig
No such thing as having to much when you run adobe creative suite.

Now taking to the wife about needing the upgrade is a whole different story

Randy

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
photography, photoshop, processor