Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Exifer (EXIF author copyright)

Hi you all.-
I'm using this Exif editor Exifer but it's a very old version and the author says there won't be more updates... So I'm looking for a replacement...

I need to edit (individual or batch) Author, comment, title, copyright, date: taken, modified, digitized, from EXIF and IPTC separately, just like exifer do (Exif and iptc are two different tabs).

Any idea???
Thx for ur time!

I'm using winxp, cs3, exifer.

02-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think PhotoMe will do everything you need. You can find it here:
PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use idimager. They have a free version. Does allot more then just Exif edits. Although I am now taking a good look at PhotoMe.
(thanks Peter!)

Here is the link: idimager.com | Free Trial Downloads

Eric.
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #4

Original Poster
PhotoME is a great program but it can't add or madify the EXIF author and copyright tags, just the IPTC ones. Exifer can do both.

02-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jorgemarmo@K100D Quote
Hi you all.-
I'm using this Exif editor Exifer but it's a very old version and the author says there won't be more updates... So I'm looking for a replacement...

I need to edit (individual or batch) Author, comment, title, copyright, date: taken, modified, digitized, from EXIF and IPTC separately, just like exifer do (Exif and iptc are two different tabs).

Any idea???
Thx for ur time!

I'm using winxp, cs3, exifer.
You started this thread in Oct 2007 - answers within.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-software/17819-exif.html

Other Threads about copyright in ITPC
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/17724-watermark.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/14682-dark-side-copyright-law.html
(Message 12)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/14357-protecting-our-images-how.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-software/14554-how-do-you-dump-exif.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/10640-perverted-justice-stealing-photos.html

Many ways to modify EXIF/ITPC information. Now - why ask the same question that you did before?

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
02-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Attn: Peter and anyone else having the istD and using PhotoME specifically or other EXIF s'ware.

Do you see a ShutterCount tag in your EXIF. All I get is three ??? Anyone else!

Thanks
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

JC, I had a look at a couple of K10D images and they show under "manufacturer notes" and "frame number" But the number doesn't match what the camera recorded. I then tried an image from the *istD and got the same result. Numbers were there but didn't match (by several thousand as well). So I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right field or it can't read the number correctly???

02-06-2008, 04:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Edvinas was kind enough to provide me with this shot - hope he doesn't mind me hotlinking to it.

In my case (istD) I get this reading.

Last edited by JCSullivan; 08-05-2008 at 04:31 AM.
02-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

This program seems to offer different screens for images or computers. In my case it shows a "frame number" which doesn't match the camera's info. But I bought my *istD used so it may have been reset. The K10D was new though and PhotoMe doesn't always show a counter number and when it does, it's wrong as well. Strange because all the other perameters are right including the serial number of the camera and all sorts of other odd stuff.
02-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
The K10D was new though and PhotoMe doesn't always show a counter number and when it does, it's wrong as well. Strange because all the other perameters are right including the serial number of the camera and all sorts of other odd stuff.
Do you ever use the Preview function? Those shutter actuations would count towards that total. Also, some have come from the factory with a few hundred clicks on the shutter.
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I knew about the factory added frames but not the preview. Sure there are tons both for DOF viewing and WB correction. That could easily account for a couple thousand on the counter in this software. That makes no difference on the Pentax Browser data though with actual shots taken.
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Jodo, didn't know that!!!! This certainly throws a different light on the actual number of shots taken.

Peter, are you saying that Pentax Browser(?) shows the REAL count +x for factory shots?
02-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, When i got the k10D new, it showed the first shot I took as imgp0131. So I did a search on Photo net (before joining here) and there was a discussion of the same issue. Apparently all cameras are test fired before they leave the factory or so the rumours have it.

Wish they did that with the DA*16-50. I want/need one but that's another rant.
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Well, I can't confirm it 100%. But it only makes sense when using the Digital (not Optical) Preview since it seems to be doing nothing more than taking the shot and just holding it in the buffer instead of writing it to the card. Given that I use it quite a bit and that there is a big difference in my number of shots taken and the number of times the EXIF shows the shutter has been actuated, that's my guess.
02-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Jodo, What's Digital and Optical preview - I'm confused.
Peter, my questions was "Will the Pentax browser show" ex number of factory-shot images plus the number of images I've shot? As opposed to the number shown on the file name.

I'm really confused about ALL of this.