Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Microsoft releases Windows 8 RAW Codec, includes Pentax PEF

Hi,

Just got the new Windows 8 RAW Codec from Microsoft.
It supports Pentax RAW Files (PEF).

Pentax (PEF formats only): *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K-5, K-7, K-r, K-x

An update that adds Microsoft Camera Codec Pack support to Windows 8 and Windows RT is available

Nice for the Windows 8 RT launch later this month

01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Forum Member

This is very good news. I would imagine that Pentax had a hand in it or I would hope.

When I went from XP to Vista, it was a nightmare that I only awoke from on discarding my Canon hardware. The result of that is that I will never buy Canon equipment again. I felt that they were making their equipment redundant.

On Windows 7, I couldn't get the Remote to work on the K10D (some on this forum have, however) and I found that it was unsupported in by Windows 7 by Pentax so I downloaded a third party.

We can't expect manufactureres to update their equipment in perpetuity for free, but if some of us are unwilling or unable to update perfectly servicible equipment, then there should be a way to do so, even if it has to be paid for.