Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Ed in GA

PSE 5.0 & Raw Plug in. Help for the Computer illiterate please

For a while now, I've been wanting to try my hand at shooting raw.

When I got my new computer back in November, I loaded PSE 5.0 on it and thought I had loaded the plug-in that supports the K10D & K100D.

Well, apparently not.

I took a couple of shots in raw this evening (DNG), copied them to a special folder I created for unprocessed raw files, then did the double click on the file. Which, should have opened the file in PSE editor.

I got the dreaded "wrong type of file" message.

So, I went back and shot them in pef, went through the drill and still got the same "wrong type of file" message.

I'm not sure if I messed up the files when I originally tried to load the plug in and I can't find the original file that was with PSE 5.0.

So, I am going to delete PSE 5.0 and re-install it and restore the files I backed up.

Now, when I go to adobe, there is a plug in 4.0 for PSE 5.0. The read me goes through the usual "find this file (here), move it to a safe place in case you need it then load the new file."

Here's where I have the problem and get lost.

When I click on the "download", do I Open the file or do I save the file. If it's "save", do I save it to the place from which I moved the original file?

I see that this is a zipped file. Is it self-extracting? Or, do I need to extract it or do something else to it.

I'd be happy to call someone on the phone who might be willing to walk me through this thing.

A big ole computer dummy needs help.......

Ed

02-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
PM sent to help.
02-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
PM sent to help.
Thanks Erl,

The help was most appreciated.

Ed