Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LR3 and Lens Correction ID

I just noticed that in LR3 my K-5 RAW files are easy to adjust for the lens used when its a Pentax lens by simply checking the box at the top of the Lens Corrections section. However, when I use the Tamron 70-200/2.8 it does not automatically identify the lens when that box is checked as it does with the Pentax lenses. With the DA lenses it automatically fills in both Pentax and the specific lens. However, with the Tamron lens I have to check the box and then select the brand from the drop down menu before it id's the 70-200/2.8. Is this normal behavior for LR?

10-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Is this normal behavior for LR?
That's how it is for me with LR4, and how I remember it working for LR3 too. It's a drag. Making a preset can help. I recall there may even be a LR ini file or registry setting one might edit to improve this.

DxO figures things out reliably using the same lenses, so I can't see why LR can't do it out of the box.
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
That's how it is for me with LR4, and how I remember it working for LR3 too. It's a drag. Making a preset can help. I recall there may even be a LR ini file or registry setting one might edit to improve this.

DxO figures things out reliably using the same lenses, so I can't see why LR can't do it out of the box.
Thanks, it's irritating but at least it isn't something I have done to the software.
10-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
One of the many improvements in LR4 is its ability to save new lens profiles defaults on the fly. Generally LR has problems with accurately identifying third-party lenses.You can also update the lens metadata in the .XMP files using an editor like EXIFTool. Unfortunately LR 4.0 and 4.1 had a bug that didn't maintain those changes. Version 4.2 fixed this.

M

Last edited by Miguel; 10-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.