Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo collage free software needed !

I never thought I would ask for this but upon "orders" from my wife I need to put some photos in a "collage" type of way.
Of course, this has to be done very soon ... like now!

I have been looking for a FREE downloadable collage software which can handle that in a very easy manner ... no fuss.

I have browsed the Net quite a bit this afternoon and came up with Picassa but there seems to be a concensus about this software having bugs when installed on Windows 7 - 64 bits.

Is there something out there which would fit my needs?

Thanks!

JP

11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #2

Believe Photoscape has it,don't have it on my computer now to check
11-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Boker Quote
Believe Photoscape has it,don't have it on my computer now to check
Thanks Boker.

Going to go check this right away.

JP

Edit: I finally settled for Picassa after a successful install. But I have kept note if this Photoscape which looks inetresting.

Last edited by jpzk; 11-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.
11-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #4

I use Picasa on a Windows 7 64 bit computer and have never had any problems. The collage function works perfectly.

11-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johngs Quote
I use Picasa on a Windows 7 64 bit computer and have never had any problems. The collage function works perfectly.
Thanks for the info ... I did finally downloaded/intaled Picassa just for that reason.
Works OK,

I have not much other use for Picassa other than for that collage.
Anything else interesting that one can do with it and that Photoshop won't do? Or, I should ask: easier to do with Picassa?

JP
11-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Thanks for the info ... I did finally downloaded/intaled Picassa just for that reason.
Works OK,

I have not much other use for Picassa other than for that collage.
Anything else interesting that one can do with it and that Photoshop won't do? Or, I should ask: easier to do with Picassa?

JP
I went through your pain for a while. Tried a lot of recommendations, didn't like any of them. As long as you don't mind the location of the images in your collage, Picasa probably does the best job for instant collage work (that I was able to find, at least). It wasn't good enough for me either.

After making my first collage in Photoshop, I have a lot more respect for people who make collages. It took a lot of time to make a collage that looked decent. Good luck on your ventures. I hope someone can recommend some good software. I'd like to have it too.
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I went through your pain for a while. Tried a lot of recommendations, didn't like any of them. As long as you don't mind the location of the images in your collage, Picasa probably does the best job for instant collage work (that I was able to find, at least). It wasn't good enough for me either.

After making my first collage in Photoshop, I have a lot more respect for people who make collages. It took a lot of time to make a collage that looked decent. Good luck on your ventures. I hope someone can recommend some good software. I'd like to have it too.
To make a long story a short one: I did finally settled on Picassa for that ONE collage which was needed as a "first photo" of a calendar I am building for my family.
The end result is "OK" and I am not expecting much else from this software.

I guess this will have to do for now.

JP