Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #1

Cataloging software for Photo's on CD/DVD ?

I've got a bunch of old photo's backupped on various CD's and DVD's.

Now I'm looking for a simple to use "cataloging" program that let's me browse a list of thumbnails and when I want to access the file it tells me the CD or DVD that it's on.

I've been googeling on this but most DAM software seems to be to feature rich and they become to hard to use. Also it's never clear if this tool does what I want since most just seems to catalog photo's on local and remote drivers. And allows to backup but not something like "this file is located on CD #000403" or something like that.

Anybody here who knows of such a tool ? (or howto do this in something like IDImager).

02-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #2

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll have a look at that one.
02-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
IMATCH at photools.com - Solutions for Image Management and Digital Photography. is a very comprehenive photo database that provides extensive meta data editing capabilities and macro development tools. I happen to be a smugmug user and I noticed recently that an API interface for IMATCH has been developed. It does have a learning curve that may not be worth the effort if all you want is a library listing of thumbs.

The tool has a pretty big following, i.e. discussion groups, and I've always received good support from them. Finally, it is in its Nth revision and I consider it a mature well tested product.
02-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #4

Original Poster
Tnx, I'll have a look at it.

Also, from what I heard IDImager also supports this (when you want to access a file that is imported from a CD/DVD it asks to place that disc. Only small downside is that it uses the CD label and a code to identify so you can't set it to disc 01, disc 02, ...).