Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lightroom Problem Again.

I attempted to browse through Lightroom's 'Help' files, and (on each attempt) I keep getting the included error message. I thought that uninstalling/reinstalling the program might change things, for me, but it does not. I did have the latest version of the program, but now I can't even upgrade beyond the base (1.0) version. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

Attached Images

02-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Do you have a firewall? Looks like it is trying to get out onto the net.
Likely the firewall isn't configured to let that particular program through.
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bluespearbone Quote
Do you have a firewall? Looks like it is trying to get out onto the net.
Likely the firewall isn't configured to let that particular program through.
Thanks Blue,

I believe that there is one (Firewall) on my system. I will have to play around with it to0 see how to go about configuring it for the passage of this program. What has me stunned, though, is that it was working just fine, up until yesterday (though I did have some much earlier issues with it), and now it has just fallen down on me.
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NLAlston Quote
I thought that uninstalling/reinstalling the program might change things, for me, but it does not. I did have the latest version of the program, but now I can't even upgrade beyond the base (1.0) version. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?
Each time you change the version, you will most likely need to notify/reconfigure your firewall.
When you dig into your firewall. you may find an option for it to prompt when it encounters an unrecognised program instead of automatically blocking.
Equally, could just be an errornous setting in the firewall for that program which has blocked. In any case, hope you get it sorted without too much effort.

02-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi again, Blue.

I went into my Firewall, and learned that Lightroom was not accepted for allowance (although I don't know how that 'just' happened). So, I went in and 'added' it as an exception to the fire-walling. It turns out, however, that this effort brought about no change at all. Lightroom opens, now, with notification that there are two available updates (1.3 & 1.3.1) for it, but every time that I click for the updating (or attempt to get "Help") I am faced with the error message that was attached in my initial post.

The only thing that I have done differently, was to very recently install Adobe Photoshop Elements (v5) which came bundled with a 'Pen Tablet' that I bought. I just hope that I don't have to format my PC again (had to do it behind an earlier problem with Lightroom), to try and get it working as right as it should.

By the way, the error message that I get - when I try to get "Help" - is a different one, and maybe this one will shed some pertinent information as to what this 'technological illness' is all about.
Attached Images