Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
I do see that there wasn't enough blue from your light, I don't think it currently matters, since it just uses green and interpolates the rest. If he does some major changes in the future it might need to be re-profiled though.

It seems to be working fine, send me a test shot if you'd like to see it in action.
Thanks - I was struggling to get an image with over and under exposure at night - I ended up with an Ikea lamp pointing at the wall with a picture frame in front of it. I guess the bulb doesn't have much in the blue end of the spectrum then!

If you could show me the results on the following file http://ubuntuone.com/45jUfezj04hA1Depr9wgnb that would be fabulous. It's a slightly off-focus image of a splendid old car I saw at the local shopping centre the other day. My best effort at de-noising it is here

Thanks again - as a k-7 user the ability to remove noise is very important

Last edited by Northern Soul; 01-03-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: corrected URL
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Here it is with just the default base curve and sharpness applied, then the denoise. I exported it as the same resolution as the one on Flickr.
http://i.imgur.com/kTJC1.jpg

Here is a 100% view in Darktable with snapshots, before and after denoise.
http://i.imgur.com/ERx2T.jpg
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Here it is with just the default base curve and sharpness applied, then the denoise. I exported it as the same resolution as the one on Flickr.
http://i.imgur.com/kTJC1.jpg

Here is a 100% view in Darktable with snapshots, before and after denoise.
http://i.imgur.com/ERx2T.jpg
Thanks for that - it makes quite a difference doesn't it? And one-click sounds a lot better than fiddling about with the settings on my slow laptop
04-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I notice that there is a k-7 profile on the new version of darktable - thanks!

04-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #20

I created a profile for the K-5 II, for everyone using darktable's GIT version, the profile is in the current git master.

For anyone trying to profile their camera: I've found it works best to take a bright day and point your camera at a window. Then hang a black t-shirt or something next to the window within the camera's frame. Then expose so that the black bit is very slightly underexposed. That worked quite well for me. If you can get the sun itself into the picture, it gets even easier.
I've found that you need MASSIVELY overexposed images, since many where my K-5 showed overexposed areas turned out not to be to overexposed once converted to that weird green linear profiling base curve.

Not entirely related to darktable, but so what:
I created lensfun lens correction profiles (distortion, tca and vignetting) the DA 15 Limited, FA 43 Limited, DFA 100 Macro WR and current WR version of the 18-55 for use in darktable and any other software that uses the lensfun library for corrections. Should be included in the next version of lensfun, if anyone wants those profiles now, I can give them to you.

Last edited by lcts; 04-24-2013 at 02:37 AM.
02-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #21

Is anyone, who want to share noise sensor profile presets for pentax K-50?
I have installed DT 1.4 under Linux Mint 15, but can't proper compile presets.

THX for help.

jarek1981 (at) poczta.fm
02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a note that v1.4.1 from Pascal's repository for Ubuntu just rolled out this morning and it includes profiled denoise for the K-3. Not sure I will use it since I have found other denoise settings that do an excellent job but it is nice to have it as an initial setting. Thanks to any PF users who may have supplied the raw data for the profiling.

Jack