Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1

Empty Elements organizer

Imported all 'My pictures' to Elements 10 and now it is impossible to work with as when program is opened it takes all the resources of the computer and leaves nothing to work with.If I delete a picture or whole file it is deleted to trash.I would like to remove all in the organizer without loosing any.

12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Boker Quote
Imported all 'My pictures' to Elements 10 and now it is impossible to work with as when program is opened it takes all the resources of the computer and leaves nothing to work with.If I delete a picture or whole file it is deleted to trash.I would like to remove all in the organizer without loosing any.
Photoshop Elements does slow down when there are LOTS of photos in the catalogue. (We are probably talking in the tens of thousands here.) You could try importing the photos to different catalogues. One for travel, one for family, one for sport for example.

You could increase the available memory that you have in your computer. Remember the more memory you have the more Windows will run better. You might also conside getting a faster computer with more memory. 64 bit Windows can address more memory than 32 bit Windows.

When you delete a photo thumbnail Elements usually asks if you want to delete the original photo as well (send it to the recycle bin) or leave it in place.

You can also set a preference for how Elements starts. You can set it to the organiser, or the the editor. It should be under Edit, Preferences, General.

Regards

Chris Stone
12-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
Have too many to delete one at a time,would like to find a way to get them out of the organizer.