Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Reversing a file

I got a new Pentax K10D about 2 weeks ago and have been learning the ins/outs. Today, I took some photos in the JPEG mode, 10megapixels. So the shots came out excellant as they have since I got the camera. However, it was in Photoshop Elements that I ran into trouble (yes, I did delete the images from the camera as I thought I was alright.). I process the images "FOR THE WEB". In the meantime I reduced the size of the file from 3872x2592 pixels to an 8x10" image size.
This is where I made some mistake. The files went too far-that is the quality may as well have been made with a cheapie camera under $35.00. I've done this before but I never had this problem.
My question, is there anyway to reverse the quality from really bad to something that is acceptable? I doubt if there is-I just need some one to comfirm it. The images are really bad that I ended up with.
Thanks in advance.

02-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Normally if you save a file, you are stuck. If you have not re-used the card it may be possible to recover the original file if you have the software - perhaps a freebie off the web.
02-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you have made any saves to the file, then you're looking at something like trying to un-whittle a stick....after you've burned the shavings.

Whether you shoot in JPG or in RAW, it is best to always keep the original unaltered file just as it is for archival purposes. Use that as a base for making adjustments. Always save adjusted images with a DIFFERENT file name. NEVER overwrite your files.