Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Banned

Trying to Save An SD Card With Errors

Samsung C10 32gb micro SD-

Luckily offloaded my essential pics and don't go all the way to 32gb. It was just what I had on hand. Yesterday it was fine until the end of my day shooting, when nothing would write. Formatting didn't work, either.

Recovering the files written all of yesterday didn't work.

"Errors" indicated. Could not format on my computer, departition, change formats, etc.

Are there any programs out there that can get through the error sectors somehow upon analysis to and help recover a card? I'm using also EASEUS partition manager, which had massive difficulty, unfortunately. I was wondering if even the bitter cold might have screwed things up, but I guess I'm back to using Sandisk Extreme cards exclusively.

12-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, never heard of this case before. Maybe this card is completely gone and out of it's ability for repair. I am guessing the chip fried out or froze out or something.
12-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
Some files are recoverable, but before I write it off, I want to see if I can save it in any way and if it's only an error with toc and tabling, or something else, due to a false write, for instance.
12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know if I would trust it again regardless.

12-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
I wouldn't trust it with pics that are crucial, but I'd still use it in my phone, for instance.

Just hoping there's a more powerful partitioner/formatter that will be able to give a proper analysis and fix of the problem areas.