Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Software CD not working- Mac OSX???

Software CD not working- Mac OSX???
Hey guys, I bought a K10D and the software (Silkypix?) CD seems to have a problem. When I click the installer- I get a prompt window to allow installation but the window comes up "white" no text or images are in the window. I copied the CD to see if it was an .dmg problem and the Disk Utility tells me something is wrong with the DMG which means something is wrong with the installer. Has anyone here gotten the software to install from the included CD in the K10D box?

Does anyone know the customer support number for Pentax USA?

steve@stevenunez.com

02-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Might be a common issue. I run 10.4.x and had a similar problem when trying to install the Pentax PP software. I could run the installer, but nothing would install. Never got the box that you described. I was going to get another RAW converter anyway, so I didn't get the installer to work (just tried the same things you did). In the mean time iPhoto and Preview will both read the Pentax RAW format (not sure about DNG, but I would be surprised if they didn't). If you have GraphicConverter it will do a decent job as well. Sadly not of those will allow you to tweak the pictures as much as the Pentax software or most other converters will.
02-20-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I had no problems installing the Pentax browser and lab software on either of my G4 Macs running OSX 10.4.11. Don't use either hardly at all, but they're there in case I want to take advantage of their different features from my usual Adobe workflow.

Anyway, sounds as though you might have gotten a bad install CD. You might try Pentax customer support, either by calling the service department at the U.S. headquarters at (800) 877-0155, or use the customer support links on their website at Pentax Imaging. Good luck!
02-20-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Installed on my ibook G4 no problems.

Dave

02-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had no problem installing it on my Macbook or G4. You have a bad disk.
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #6

Original Poster
I called Pentax and they said it wasn't compatible with my MacPro.......sux!