Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
IMAC Pixelmator Users?

Any IMAC users out there using pixelmator? I want to be able to change the background of my model railroad pictures and was wondering if anyone is using this program? At $14.99 I don't see where I can go wrong.

01-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have that program and I think it is a very good and cheap alternative to Photoshop. Issue it very little and am in no way very good with it so what you want to do I could not help. There is a couple of podcasts that give some very good instructional videos on it so they may be able to help and the associated web site.

Yes at that price it is worth a look. I believe they may have trial down loads, but check first in case they have gone totally App Store.
01-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, I took the plunge and purchased the Pixelmator software from Apples App store. Within 10 minutes of using the software my photo adjustment was complete. Not perfect the first time around, but I am impressed on how quickly I accomplished this task. I simply replaced the model train background with a shot of the actual skyline as seen from the train yard. Here's the photo.....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like you know of what your doing than I know, we'll done.