Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo ME quiz

Howdy,
I'm looking for some assistance with photo me.
I remember setting my name into my K-5's menu when I first got it. I thought that might be good if it ever got stolen.
Now I just realized it shows up in Photo ME so I want to know how to edit that out of the photo data before I upload images.

Now here's the thing. Inside IPIC-Naa Data my name is there under "creator" and I can delete it. It also shows up inside Image under "Person who created the image" but I am unable to delete it there.

I will remove my name from the camera now but how do I regain my privacy with the photos I've already taken ?

01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm curious as to why you want to remove your copyright name from the image?
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I'm curious as to why you want to remove your copyright name from the image?
Because it's my real name.

Then again, is that part of the exif information available for others to see on the forums ?
01-24-2013, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

In the K-5, you can set the name of the photographer and copyright holder. Personnally, I put my real name because I am the copyright holder and I want to retain all copyrights on my photographs. Although I am not a professional photographer, I had already several photographs used improperly without my permission, in some cases impacting adversely on my professional reputation (as an engineer).

IMO I recommend to set the copyright to your legal name, to be able to enforce copyright issues in the future. If needed, you can always remove the EXIF info before posting somewhere.

There are several EXIF editor that you may use to remove any name.

01-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So does anyone know how to do this with PhotoME or suggest any particular program that will ?
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
So does anyone know how to do this with PhotoME or suggest any particular program that will ?
(a) In Photome you cannot edit the Photographer & Copyright holder information.

(b) Options include:
Exiftool ExifTool by Phil Harvey

Windows 7: right click on the file, select File Properties. Then you can (1) edit individually both properties and/or (2) remove all Properties and Personal Information.

(c) See also the forum discussion: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/114877-exif-editor.html. There are a few other threads on EXIF editors at PF.

Hope that the info will help.
01-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
(a) In Photome you cannot edit the Photographer & Copyright holder information.

(b) Options include:
Exiftool ExifTool by Phil Harvey

Windows 7: right click on the file, select File Properties. Then you can (1) edit individually both properties and/or (2) remove all Properties and Personal Information.

(c) See also the forum discussion: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/114877-exif-editor.html. There are a few other threads on EXIF editors at PF.

Hope that the info will help.
Yeah thanks. You're a genius.
I didn't realize win 7 had access to this stuff. Easier than all them exif programs too.