Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Forum Member

how to separate raw & jpeg after shooting raw +

hi advise pls.... is there a way to separate raw files & jpeg files after shooting in raw+ mode
thks
g

p/s there might be a tread for this, if so please re-direct
thks

01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice and easy: search for *.JPG on your SD card and move them to a separate folder using your computer.

An in-camera solution is only available with dual-card bodies, which at the moment includes only the 645D.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Nice and easy: search for *.JPG on your SD card and move them to a separate folder using your computer.

An in-camera solution is only available with dual-card bodies, which at the moment includes only the 645D.
thanks adam but i have already download the pics onto my laptop & i have erase the pictures on the sd card. is ther another way???
thks
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #4

In explorer right click and choose Arrange Icons by: Click type. Files will be grouped by their extension. Just create a subfolder and move them.

01-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That's what I do. Just grab and drop them into another folder.
01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like graphicgr8s said, in most file managers you can arrange files by right-click menus. Most also have tabs immediately above the files that you click on in order to sort them.
01-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Windows I assume:

Open up Explorer, select the folder which contains your pictures in question, then double click it. Now under "View" select Details which will now list file names instead of thumbnails.

Go to the top right right corner, you see a field with a magnifying glass and in grey you will see "search (filename)" which is the one you selected previously. Now click in this field a blinking I cursor will appear. Now just simply type *.jpg (or any other extension like TIF, DNG) and all files with this extension will be listed.

Now select all files by highlighting them, right click over them and select copy and then past them in a new folder you create.

Sounds complicated but is dead simple.

Greetings

01-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Windows I assume:

Open up Explorer, select the folder which contains your pictures in question, then double click it. Now under "View" select Details which will now list file names instead of thumbnails.

Go to the top right right corner, you see a field with a magnifying glass and in grey you will see "search (filename)" which is the one you selected previously. Now click in this field a blinking I cursor will appear. Now just simply type *.jpg (or any other extension like TIF, DNG) and all files with this extension will be listed.

Now select all files by highlighting them, right click over them and select copy and then past them in a new folder you create.

Greetings
thanks guys for your wonderful help
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #9

Windows I assume:

Greetings
Once you have them highlighted you can just drag and drop if you want to move them.
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Once you have them highlighted you can just drag and drop if you want to move them.

Hi

That is very true. But I find it works best (for me at least) if it is only one or two files you want to shift. If you have 40 or fifty or even 200 hundred I find it easier to highlight them all by left clicking just next to the left ot right side of the first file, hold the left click button of the mouse and then start moving the cursor down to the bottom past the border of the file window until you reach the end and all files are highlighted. Then let go of the mouse button and click the right mouse button, a window will fly out giving you several options. Choose copy, then go to your new new folder and paste them there.

If you only want to shift certain files out of lots of others (if you know which ones they are and then it works better if you go back from detail file view to to icon view) you can also select a whole bunch of them by holding down the "ctrl" hey and click over every file you want to select. If you find you have highlighted the wrong file then just click this file again (still holding the left mouse button) and it will de- select this particular file. After that proceed as above.

In Windows you can skin a cat many different ways.

Greetings
01-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #11

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When all my files were in one folder I organized the files by SIZE. Not name not date but the file size. This will group all your raw or .DNG files in to a group.
01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #12

Hi

In Windows you can skin a cat many different ways.

Greetings
So true. But there is only one way to cook them. Over wood. BBQ
01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Pentaxian

We're talking computers, so there's more than one way to cook too. Remove the heatsink from your CPU and fry a small piece at a time.
01-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

You guys are just too funny, it's just what we need from time to time.
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

If you put a filter (say *.jpg as suggested)... it is easiest to just press ctrl+A to select all the images if you are dealing with a lot of images and then drag and drop them or cut/copy and paste them to the location you want them in. Cut/Copy and paste can also be quickly accomplished using Ctrl+X (cut) or Ctrl+C (copy) and then pasting in the folder you want (Ctrl+V).

Again multiple ways, but I find Ctrl or Shift selecting images with a mouse tedious if the number of files gets over 40 or 50. It only takes one bad click and you end up losing your selection and having to start over.