Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

Lightroom - remove blue cast Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super-Wide II

I recently acquired a Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super-Wide II in perfect condition. It works well, and produces very clear images, but they do have the definite blue cast other people have referred to.

I am wondering if someone has developed Lightroom preset of corrections for images from this lens, ie remove blue cast, increase saturation, correct any distortions and any chromatic aberration I have searched for a p-reset but have not found one.

Does anyone have some recommended settings for correcting the images ?

02-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Phillean Quote
White Balance | CA Tool (The Manual Selector, Eyedropper) | Vibrance Slider | Lens Profile (Manual Settings For Distortion)

After setting them all, save the preset...
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
White Balance | CA Tool (The Manual Selector, Eyedropper) | Vibrance Slider | Lens Profile (Manual Settings For Distortion)

After setting them all, save the preset...

Thanks for your reply. Yes do I know how to use the controls and can save the preset, but I was looking for profile settings, particularly for the distorion and chromatic aberration.

I have read about using the eyedropper, particularly using it to set the white value, but I have not tried it yet. As the CA and color cast and distortion are standard problems with this lens I was looking for some standard settings.
02-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Phillean Quote
I recently acquired a Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super-Wide II in perfect condition. It works well, and produces very clear images, but they do have the definite blue cast other people have referred to.

I am wondering if someone has developed Lightroom preset of corrections for images from this lens, ie remove blue cast, increase saturation, correct any distortions and any chromatic aberration I have searched for a p-reset but have not found one.

Everything except for the lens corrections (distortions) is fairly easily handled by Lightroom and is pre-settable.

You'll have to use the Adobe Lens Profiling tool to create the Sigma-specific profile, though I'd try a different 24mm profile just for kicks. I've gone through the rigmarole and created a lens profile. Takes lots of patience and some discipline and a few hours. It's worth it if you expect to be using the lens frequently. I assume you have checked the Adobe database for existing user-contributed profiles?

M

02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just get yourself a colorchecker.
03-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Everything except for the lens corrections (distortions) is fairly easily handled by Lightroom and is pre-settable.

You'll have to use the Adobe Lens Profiling tool to create the Sigma-specific profile, though I'd try a different 24mm profile just for kicks. I've gone through the rigmarole and created a lens profile. Takes lots of patience and some discipline and a few hours. It's worth it if you expect to be using the lens frequently. I assume you have checked the Adobe database for existing user-contributed profiles?

M

Thanks, so far i I have not found a lens profile for that lens. There is a one for Sigma 24mm but that is the F1.8 aspherical. I will keep looking and also explore the effect of other 24mm profiles.
03-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Just get yourself a colorchecker.
Yes a color chart is a useful tool for developing a preset.