Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #31
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
My main gripe was that, if in an album, using the "upload" button at the top didn't upload to that album, instead pics went to the default album. I notified them of this as it was very annoying. They seem to have far fewer upload erros recently too, for a while if I touched anything in any other browser window many of the uploads would fail, and PB didn't tell you which ones had failed, so a manual check was needed to see which ones were missing.
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Click the More drop down in the album and use the download option there. It works, at least the last time I could log in.
It used to be that when uploading the upload would go to the folder you were in when you clicked the upload button, unless you chose a different folder just before the upload. And if you uploaded to a folder you didn't want to upload to by mistake you simply moved the picture after the upload.

It also used to be the uploads would go to the last page, i.e. the page in the folder you see when you navigate to that folder, and the oldest uploads were at the bottom of the page or on the last page in the folder. I discovered this has changed in a very frustrating way the other day. I uploaded several pictures, and when the upload was finished and the advertising video began to play I clicked through to the folder.

Hey! Where's my pictures I just uploaded?

So I uploaded the pictures a second time.

Again, no pictures. So I tried a third time.

Guess what?

Yep, no pictures.

So on a whim, I clicked through to the last page in the folder, where the very first pictures I ever uploaded to that folder are, and there they were, 3 sets of the pictures I just uploaded. What really sucks about this is that I was doing this while I was on the road, using my wireless aircard, and the additional data used to upload these pictures THREE TIMES put my monthly data allotment over the limit, and now I am getting hit with overage charges and the carrier temporarily shut down my account because of the overage.

And now I have pictures in a jumbled up order.

I did find the tools to sort the pictures, and now every time I make a change there is a toolbar at the bottom of the page that pops up, partially blocking the bottom row of pictures. Even though I click the chevron to make it go down it comes back up every time I change pages or folders.

And the other day I was deleting some pictures from an album and every time I deleted one the page would return to the first page of the album, and I would then have to navigate to the page I had been working in. More data loading the correct page each time.

Maybe I should hit Photobucket up for the data overage charges they cost me this month.

Photobucket is really beginning to suck. No, wait. Photobucket is sucking more.

Oh, and I just noticed that the folders have reverted to the "everything on the same page" style again. I don't mind if they make changes, but it would be nice if they would at least let the users know about them.

04-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #32
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I just discovered that no matter which sort option I choose, oldest first or newest first, they still don't sort properly.

And if I have the sort feature turned on then I cannot view the images individually, or get the [IMG] code. And the [IMG] code copies as a URL.

04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I just discovered that no matter which sort option I choose, oldest first or newest first, they still don't sort properly.

And if I have the sort feature turned on then I cannot view the images individually, or get the
I'm able to log in this evening, and it appears the filename sort function works. Thank god. At least PB is kind of functional again, though the thumbnail display is still a mess. The image code works for me (although I add the "wide").

Edit 9/15/14: The missing image below (and elsewhere on the PF forum) is because my account reverted to the free account status and am not supporting PB. Hah!

Last edited by SpecialK; 09-16-2014 at 06:28 PM.
04-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #34

More changes, most notable EXIF data and view at original size.

Feature Updates : Photobucket Support
QuoteQuote:
Features Added to the Site ( 4/30/2013):

Media Detail Page Improvements -
  • There are now share icons located above the image for quick access to share to your favorite sites
  • The title and description have been moved to display below the image
  • When viewing an image, if you click on the image, it will open the image to display its original size
  • On the right side of your page you will find quick access to editing tools, as well as other account tools (print, create story, copy, download)
  • Below the quick access to image tools you will find further sharing options
  • Image metadata is now displayed on the right side of the page, below the easy access to tools.
  • Clicking on an image will display the original size image in full view on your screen.
When viewing an album, if you select the Upload bar at that top of the page, it will automatically select that album for the images to upload directly into.
The links displayed in Easy Linking Mode will now highlight on the first click, so that copying is as easy as Right Clicking and selecting copy, or pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.

04-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #35
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
More changes, most notable EXIF data and view at original size.

Feature Updates : Photobucket Support
So they are slowly adding features one or two at a time then?
04-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So they are slowly adding features one or two at a time then?
They are, and it is much better. The exif data is not working for me, though.

However, it's just too late. I've loaded all my images to SlickPic, and I am abandoning PB as is. I have the benefit of redoing the folder organization from scratch. It had been not quite right as it grew in PB, but with all the linking I have done here, I could not change the folders.

Now I'm just copy/pasting the important captions. That should only take...a few weeks :-( It's not quite as bad as I thought it would be.

The End.

Last edited by SpecialK; 09-16-2014 at 06:29 PM.