Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Flight of the Red Dwarf ;)

I liked this at first but the more I looked at it, the more disappointed I was with it. So, I did some MAJOR cloning. How'd I do?

Before

After

04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty good!
What I would like to know us how you got the medals in your signature. Photoshop?
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #3

Actually, the more I look at it, the before picture looks like it had the branch added rather than the second looking like the branch was removed.
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usmcxm35 Quote
Pretty good!
What I would like to know us how you got the medals in your signature. Photoshop?
Zoner Photo Studio

QuoteOriginally posted by usmcxm35 Quote
Actually, the more I look at it, the before picture looks like it had the branch added rather than the second looking like the branch was removed.
Thanks very much.

04-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Pretty good cloning there. At first look it would be very hard to notice. The only thing I am noticing now, at closer inspection, is the little "branch" outline on the bird's neck. But its nothing major, I literally looked for "mistakes"
04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
I did some MAJOR cloning
Some folk have too much time on their hands.

Seriously, a good job, well done.
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Pretty good cloning there. At first look it would be very hard to notice. The only thing I am noticing now, at closer inspection, is the little "branch" outline on the bird's neck. But its nothing major, I literally looked for "mistakes"

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Some folk have too much time on their hands.

Seriously, a good job, well done.
Thanks very much. I really appreciate your input.

<><~~~~~~~~~
04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
I liked this at first but the more I looked at it, the more disappointed I was with it. So, I did some MAJOR cloning. How'd I do?
Nicely done. I've performed similar magic and the area in and around the bird's wings was the real challenge that you handled quite well. I'd be proud.

Now all you gots to do is clean up that noise and add a bit of clarity

M

04-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Nicely done. I've performed similar magic and the area in and around the bird's wings was the real challenge that you handled quite well. I'd be proud.

Now all you gots to do is clean up that noise and add a bit of clarity

M
Thanks very much, Miguel.

<><~~~~~~~~~
04-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
Veteran Member

It's impressive. It would have been fun to have posted both photos and asked which was original.

I actually don't think the noise is all that bad. It seems you'd be stuck as reducing noise would further soften the image, and adding clarity would likely bring the noise out further. That, and I imagine that in a print setting, the noise wouldn't be as noticeable but may help with the clarity.

I'm usually happy just to get a decent bird shot, and I'd love opportunities to get cardinals.
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
It's impressive. It would have been fun to have posted both photos and asked which was original.

I actually don't think the noise is all that bad. It seems you'd be stuck as reducing noise would further soften the image, and adding clarity would likely bring the noise out further. That, and I imagine that in a print setting, the noise wouldn't be as noticeable but may help with the clarity.

I'm usually happy just to get a decent bird shot, and I'd love opportunities to get cardinals.
Thanks very much. And, you're absolutely correct -- in an 8x10 print, the noise is nothing.