Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,962
Flight of the Red Dwarf ;)

I liked this at first but the more I looked at it, the more disappointed I was with it. So, I did some MAJOR cloning. How'd I do?

Before



After


04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
usmcxm35's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 215
Pretty good!
What I would like to know us how you got the medals in your signature. Photoshop?
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
usmcxm35's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 215
Actually, the more I look at it, the before picture looks like it had the branch added rather than the second looking like the branch was removed.
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,962
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usmcxm35 Quote
Pretty good!
What I would like to know us how you got the medals in your signature. Photoshop?
Zoner Photo Studio

QuoteOriginally posted by usmcxm35 Quote
Actually, the more I look at it, the before picture looks like it had the branch added rather than the second looking like the branch was removed.
Thanks very much.

04-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,183
Pretty good cloning there. At first look it would be very hard to notice. The only thing I am noticing now, at closer inspection, is the little "branch" outline on the bird's neck. But its nothing major, I literally looked for "mistakes"
04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 42,219
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
I did some MAJOR cloning
Some folk have too much time on their hands.

Seriously, a good job, well done.
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,962
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Pretty good cloning there. At first look it would be very hard to notice. The only thing I am noticing now, at closer inspection, is the little "branch" outline on the bird's neck. But its nothing major, I literally looked for "mistakes"






QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Some folk have too much time on their hands.

Seriously, a good job, well done.
Thanks very much. I really appreciate your input.



<><~~~~~~~~~
04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Miguel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Seattle
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,738
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
I liked this at first but the more I looked at it, the more disappointed I was with it. So, I did some MAJOR cloning. How'd I do?
Nicely done. I've performed similar magic and the area in and around the bird's wings was the real challenge that you handled quite well. I'd be proud.

Now all you gots to do is clean up that noise and add a bit of clarity

M

04-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,962
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Nicely done. I've performed similar magic and the area in and around the bird's wings was the real challenge that you handled quite well. I'd be proud.

Now all you gots to do is clean up that noise and add a bit of clarity

M
Thanks very much, Miguel.



<><~~~~~~~~~
04-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
Veteran Member
emalvick's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Davis, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,627
It's impressive. It would have been fun to have posted both photos and asked which was original.

I actually don't think the noise is all that bad. It seems you'd be stuck as reducing noise would further soften the image, and adding clarity would likely bring the noise out further. That, and I imagine that in a print setting, the noise wouldn't be as noticeable but may help with the clarity.

I'm usually happy just to get a decent bird shot, and I'd love opportunities to get cardinals.
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Pentaxian
gjtoth's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,962
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
It's impressive. It would have been fun to have posted both photos and asked which was original.

I actually don't think the noise is all that bad. It seems you'd be stuck as reducing noise would further soften the image, and adding clarity would likely bring the noise out further. That, and I imagine that in a print setting, the noise wouldn't be as noticeable but may help with the clarity.

I'm usually happy just to get a decent bird shot, and I'd love opportunities to get cardinals.
Thanks very much. And, you're absolutely correct -- in an 8x10 print, the noise is nothing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
photography, photoshop
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro Flight of the Dragon Part 2. Extremely challenging. LightSpeed Post Your Photos! 8 03-12-2012 11:12 AM
Nature Flight of the Dragon...By LightSpeed. Need opinions on this please. K5 ROCKS. LightSpeed Post Your Photos! 4 03-08-2012 07:32 PM
Landscape Last Flight of the Evening Colorado CJ Photo Critique 4 12-20-2011 05:55 AM
Nature Flight of the Hummingbird ve2vfd Post Your Photos! 5 08-26-2011 07:20 PM
Nature The Flight of Icarus Pauld Post Your Photos! 5 06-29-2011 11:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top