Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
We have three MacBook/Macbook Pros in our home, so I think they are about the best laptop around. The model with the Retina Display has the processing capability to do what you need. While the screen is excellent in the context of a laptop for photography, do realize that the gamut just about reaches the sRGB colorspace--which shows you how lousy all the other laptops out there are. For a desktop machine or a photo-oriented external monitor, that would be a minimal acceptable gamut.

I favor a monitor encompassing more of the AdobeRBG (1998) gamut. If you don't expect to be printing your images and mostly intend to process shots for web or online delivery, then the Retina Display alone will work for you quite well. If you are going to need mobility and bring your laptop back to a base for serious post processing, then purchase a lower-end IPS monitor. There are threads on all of this stuff, just search.

M
Hmm, 8bit or 10bit?

04-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tax(my)pen Quote
hmm, 8bit or 10bit?
lol!

M
04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I really like the asus g75 I got recently. It has a 17" non glare screen (1080) 2 HDD's, 12 GB ram, i7 3630qm processor and some fancy graphics stuff (calibrated w/ spyder express). I do have a 24" monitor also, but would rather sit in the lazyboy with the laptop after working all day and wanted bigger than my old 15" Lenovo.
That thing is a beast. Interesting though.
04-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gonoles110 Quote
What about a MacBook with retina display? Thanks for the comments. It's why I ask. Lol
I would go that route today if I was laptop shopping. A Windows laptop with a comparable display will cost the same if you can find one. Of course, you can buy a cheaper laptop and plug it into a large monitor at home for editing.My cheap Acer net book looks pretty awesome when plugged into my 23" IPS monitor.