Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #1

Lightroom and K100d?

I am new to Raw processing and like the look of Lightroom but have heard some grumbles elsewhere about how it handles Pefs from K100D. Any users here? what are your thoughts?

03-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

who told you that?

no problems here, at all.
03-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
No problems here as well. As a matter of fact, I switched from Bibble Pro to Lightroom because I liked the output better!
03-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #4

Same here, Lightroom seems to work fine with my K100D Super and it's PEF's.

There is a post here from a member who has pink photo's in LR so maybe that's what some people are talking about (don't know if it was with K10D or K100D RAW files and someone sugested it might not be a Lightroom problem at all);

03-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it! I swear by Lightroom.
03-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cloudy Wizzard Quote
Same here, Lightroom seems to work fine with my K100D Super and it's PEF's.

There is a post here from a member who has pink photo's in LR so maybe that's what some people are talking about (don't know if it was with K10D or K100D RAW files and someone sugested it might not be a Lightroom problem at all);
This was with a K20D, and is because ACR has not been updated for the K20D yet. The thread has a work around.

I use Lightroom, Elements 6, Pentax Photo Browser and DxO Standard. How's that for a real mess! LR has the best organization. DxO is magical, but with only two of my lenses. Elements 6 adds back the layers that are missing from Lightroom. Pentax Photo Browser gives me an easier to read EXIF.

If I had to get rid of one, it would be the Pentax software.
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K100D may have had the same issues with ACR when it came out as the K20 does now. The K10 was the same way. Right now the 10, 100 and 110 all work great with ACR/Lightroom.

Besides the Pentax K series use DNG as an alternative to PEF and those will open in many apps, even before specific support is added.

03-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If you get lightroom make sure your computer is up to snuff my older computer runs very slow using lightroom...Bob