Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I 1 Display Pro by Xrite

I'm thinking of switching over to this to calibrate my 27" iMac, any tales of woe out there?

04-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is just about the best hardware out there. Keep an eye out for sales.
One issue for me was that I did not like the i1 profiling software. Sucky interface.
Use the open-source ArgyllCMS and the dispcalGUI graphical front end instead. It will take multiple readings of the help screens to figure out the detailed amount of control one can assert, but it is worth it.

That said, if you have a hardware puck that is compatible with the profiling software, give it a try. It may work a lot better than what you already have, and getting yet another costly piece of hardware may be unnecessary.

M
04-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
It is just about the best hardware out there
Thanks for your thoughts.
04-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Pulled the trigger, waiting on arrival now.