Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photoshop CS7 Gets Blur Reduction?

Photoshop Sneak Peek: See What's to Come - YouTube

Check this out. It's their software version of shake reduction, on a pic that's already taken. Deblur as a filter...

04-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool. and yeah, I'll buy it if their version actually works. Seen this by several other companies, its all hocus-pocus... heavy on the hocus.
Have yet to see anything work acceptable in non-staged photos.
Will look forward to seeing more and hearing what other people think when it is released.
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Photoshop Sneak Peek: See What's to Come - YouTube

Check this out. It's their software version of shake reduction, on a pic that's already taken. Deblur as a filter...
Amazing that new feature!
We won't have to worry about SR, OS and all of that stuff anymore ..

Something that caught my attention: she did a "local" sharpening (un-blurring) to one single flower .... is this also new? I mean, to be able to select a specific area for sharpening-unblurring. I am not good at PP (photoshopping) but I failed to see her using any sort of layer ...
Anyway, this will surely interest a lot of people (including myself) but, as we all know, will not replace a well prepared shot.

Thanks for sharing this.

JP
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Soon you won't need a camera at all, just give Photoshop a standard blank .jpg file and it will conjure up what you MEANT to shoot.

04-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is one reason I don't toss away any and all "rejects".

If this works as intended, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth by those who wish they'd kept their "rejects".

And yes, I know it won't be a perfect solution, but it moves the "reject" line even lower promoting a lot of images to "keeper".

I think it is meant to make the difference between "reject" and "keeper" as opposed to "living room" and "art gallery".
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

There are some plug ins that do similar fixes but not that good. I think Adobe needs to come out with some of this stuff if they want to continue to sell their high end software. The short video looks pretty impressive but I will want to try this out first when the beta download becomes available. I have plenty of those kind of shots.

I have been able to improve on a lot of my older shots with newer software, especially in the area of noise reduction. I keep everything too except the real crap that nothing could fix.
04-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I dealt with the front focus issue with my K-5 under certain conditions, I found that photo restoration type software works using deconvolution techniques. One popular plugin is Focus Magic, that improved images well. There are many more including DeblurMyImage (Here is the link: Image Deblurring - Description - Advanced Photo Tools), which I use. The more precise one knows the point spread function (PSF), the better the restoration. DeblurMyImage allows one to enter a PSF. It looks like that sneek peak of photoshop uses an algorithm to create the PSF. There are two types of blur; out of focus and movement blur. Out of focus is the tough one to correct, because every lens has a slightly different blur. Ultimately, these programs may improve an image, but never totally fix it. In addition, when there is a combination of out of focus bokeh, and sharp parts in the photo, the correction needs to be applied only to the sections that were supposed to be sharp. This takes quite a bit of extra effort.