Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

help loading RAW to computer?

Hey all. Totally new to DSLR and thot I'd take an image in RAW (K-30) and play with in the silkypix. Windows XP. It takes the JPEG but not the RAW image. Um....how do I get the RAW image on my computer and into silkypix? Any clues will be appreciated! Thanks!

06-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you shoot in raw on your camera? If not, you have to enable that first- you can do it via the status screen.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Also, dont shoot into "green" (all auto mode) as the output is forced to JPEG.
06-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
Ah - so put it in "P", found the RAW on the menu...and it took on Raw... reads DNG... I can fiddle with it in silkypix!
Thanks guys!

Begs another question tho
Isn't pushing the raw/fx button supposed to change it to one raw and one jpeg? I'll need to check the book again... I appreciate your help

06-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alliecatirish Quote
I'll need to check the book again...
Yes you should do this.

With all Pentax DSLRs I know the function of the RAW button can be set somewhere in the menu.
But the selection of what you can set may be different with different Pentax bodies.