Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lightroom 3 exif data

When exporting a photo, the exif data is stripped somewhat--it populates camera model, settings etc but not shutter count or date of manufacture when trying to download in the check shutter count website:

Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader

How do I get this downloaded with all info intact to find the shutter count?

06-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Make sure you uncheck the box on the export that says [Minimize Embedded Metadata] near the bottom of the export dialog.
06-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Make sure you uncheck the box on the export that says [Minimize Embedded Metadata] near the bottom of the export dialog.
Thanks Canada, that box is uncheked yet the data doesn't transfer....
06-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ok2day Quote
When exporting a photo, the exif data is stripped somewhat--it populates camera model, settings etc but not shutter count or date of manufacture when trying to download in the check shutter count website:

Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader

How do I get this downloaded with all info intact to find the shutter count?
That page does say to upload an unedited straight-from-camera JPEG. "Exporting a photo" would mean that LR is doing some work on it before making it a JPEG. Switch the in-camera setting to lowest size JPEG for this purpose, then take that exact file and upload it directly.

06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My experience has been that Lightroom does not keep manufacturer specific metadata when exporting (i.e. non-standard EXIF). This might be why shutter count isn't exporting. This was one reason why I quit using Lightroom for image management. I didn't like that did not provide much control over metadata.

I think your best bet is going to be to utilize another software to copy all EXIF records from your original to derived JPG (EXIFTools for example). I suppose Lightroom may have improved this feature, but I doubt it. I use Lightroom for development, but I use a different management software that will sync. metadata as I see fit including a lot of the camera specific fields that are not standard to the EXIF format.