Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
PSP died on me!!!

I had bought and paid for PSP X2 last year when it just came out, and was a happy user until it just died. When I tried to load it, it just said the the software was damaged and could not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Previously, I could not save a picture after post processing it, without renaming it. I don't know if that was the leadup to the crash, but it was also annoying to have this happen

Customer service was no help either, so I guess I am switching back to Photoshop, if PSP is going to be so problematic and their customer service so poor.

Just thought I would rant a little.

D

03-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dudlew Quote
I had bought and paid for PSP X2 last year when it just came out, and was a happy user until it just died. When I tried to load it, it just said the the software was damaged and could not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Previously, I could not save a picture after post processing it, without renaming it. I don't know if that was the leadup to the crash, but it was also annoying to have this happen

Customer service was no help either, so I guess I am switching back to Photoshop, if PSP is going to be so problematic and their customer service so poor.

Just thought I would rant a little.

D
YIKES! This sounds all too familiar to me. I am having the same problem with the files not saving in pspx2 all of a sudden. It is wonky. I tried saving to jpeg or bmp and no joy. I'd had periodic trouble with getting the program to load. Every once in a while I'd have to reboot my machine in order to get pspx2 to open and behave for me.
Now all of a sudden I get this problem and I can't seem to figure out WHY it started all of sudden! Highly annoying. It seems the last two versions of psp have had some quirks that made them a bit unstable. But this is absolutely unacceptable. I'm really bummed because I hate adobe.
Someone suggested that I call customer service. I nodded politely all the while knowing that it would be a complete waste of my time to call customer service on this software problem. Sad but true.

All I can do is join you in your rant and say I'm sorry we are both dealing with this annoyance.

p.s. oh, and I can't get it to save EVEN WHEN I rename the file. Doesn't matter what command I use to save, it just won't save the file.

Last edited by LaRee; 03-20-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added ps
03-21-2008, 04:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
YIKES! This sounds all too familiar to me. I am having the same problem with the files not saving in pspx2 all of a sudden. It is wonky. I tried saving to jpeg or bmp and no joy. I'd had periodic trouble with getting the program to load. Every once in a while I'd have to reboot my machine in order to get pspx2 to open and behave for me.
Now all of a sudden I get this problem and I can't seem to figure out WHY it started all of sudden! Highly annoying. It seems the last two versions of psp have had some quirks that made them a bit unstable. But this is absolutely unacceptable. I'm really bummed because I hate adobe.
Someone suggested that I call customer service. I nodded politely all the while knowing that it would be a complete waste of my time to call customer service on this software problem. Sad but true.

All I can do is join you in your rant and say I'm sorry we are both dealing with this annoyance.

p.s. oh, and I can't get it to save EVEN WHEN I rename the file. Doesn't matter what command I use to save, it just won't save the file.
It is sad. I cant even find a number to call as an international customer!

The thing is I actually like PhotoShop and used it before, but to be honest I used a..... ahem..... not so legal version of it. I wanted to go legit, and They wont let me purchase as a download because of my country, meaning I would have had to have bought the boxed version, which I ended up doing a few days ago,but have to wait until after Easter to get it.

Your saving issue sounds even a bit worse than mine before it died and I hope that you dont suffer the same fate as I did with it just dying on you one day for no apparent reason. I actually tried to reinstall about six times over a period of about three days, but to no avail. Then again I am not all that computer savvy so its possible that there was a little piece of the program left that i can't find that is causing this screw up.

D