Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #1

Quality Photo Effects Software?

Hi, I have recently discovered free apps, downloadable and online software for adding photo effects, frames and overlays etc. Specifically I have been mightily impressed by stuff such as:

Pixlr Express (and Automatic) - downloadable on PC.
Perfect Effects 4 - downloadable on PC.
iPiccy - online tool.
PicsArt - Android tablet app.

Note I am a big user of Photoshop but find these above packages superb for getting the creative juices flowing. So much so that I can't help thinking these FREE tools are simply emulating fully paid-for packages. Maybe the effects and/or quality is limited. So, does anyone know of any 'professional grade' packages for Windows that do a similar sort of thing?

Obviously all this can be done in Photoshop but the beauty of these packages are all the presets so you can fiddle around to your heart's content finding something that looks right whether it be overlays, effects, frames and textures etc.

Richard

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
downloadable, effects, frames, packages, pc, photo, photography, photoshop, quality